Close

More Popular/Bigger than Jesus

Posted: 3 years ago Quote #44
I'm listening to your station as usual at work, and I hear this little take between songs that said something like "BeatlesRadio.com - We're bigger than Jesus" or vice-versa.

Seriously??? Again? Like John didn't stir enough controversy the first time, you're going to do it again? I for one feel very offended that you inserted that cut between songs. It's not funny, it's offensive, especially for devout Christians who just happen to love the Beatles and listen to your station.

Myself and a whole legion of Christians who listen to your station would be very pleased to know that you no longer included that comment which I sincerely find less than tactful.

Thank you,
Daniel Houston TX USA

Parody: Beatles Radio is not that big yet.

OMG, I am an atheist: so I have no problem with what is a true statement.
The Beatles were more popular than any one religion.
Making house calls anytime Day or Night
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #45
Doctor Robert:
Every once in a while these pop up, OMG, better not say that. if you don't like our free service DON'T LISTEN.

I'm listening to your station as usual at work, and I hear this little take between songs that said something like "BeatlesRadio.com - We're bigger than Jesus" or vice-versa.

Seriously??? Again? Like John didn't stir enough controversy the first time, you're going to do it again? I for one feel very offended that you inserted that cut between songs. It's not funny, it's offensive, especially for devout Christians who just happen to love the Beatles and listen to your station.

Myself and a whole legion of Christians who listen to your station would be very pleased to know that you no longer included that comment which I sincerely find less than tactful.

Thank you,
Daniel Sereno
Houston TX USA
                                  Hi, i too  am a  Christian ,but please in this troubled world as when John spoke the same words it has to be taken a little light hearted,i know i never took  John or Beatle Radio.com to really be bigger than Jesus ,and i am quite sure if Jesus was to hear theese words he would have quite a chuckle /laugh too , but i am sorry you feel a little upset ,but be sure Jesus too has a good sense of humour and fun ,my very best wishes Brian/scarrabri
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #46
Brian...Mr.Kite is also a Christian and you and I get it perfectly. In my opinion. But everyone hastheir right to believe what they want to. It's light hearted and even poking fun at John's comment a little bit. I laugh every time I hear it. It adds character to the station for sure! Cheers!
C.A. Nix III
aka Mr. Kite
I hope to be working again side by side with the famous Dr. Robert one day!
Miss you all!
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #48
We must remember that John was quoted out of context.  He made the mistake of talking to a reporter "off the record".  The reporter took the quote and left out the rest of the statement.  John was saying how kids have got caught up in the mania and its gotten to be like The Beatles were more popular than Jesus.  He was making a statement of how The Beatles success was getting out of control and meant more to kids than religion.

I don't think that John was trying to insult Christianity. If you remember, he desperately tried to apologize for the misunderstanding. John always spoke his mind.  If he really wanted to be contemptuous, he clearly would have said so.
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #69
I find that to be humorous and can't believe that there would be Beatlefans who are offended by it.
Just to be on the safe side, you could make the claim not so definite, such as: "Beatlesradio.com - Bigger Than Jesus....maybe one day; we'll see how things go" or "Beatlesradio.com - As Big As Jesus (and probably no bigger than God)" or "Beatlesradio.com - Bigger Than Jesus...he was only 5'8" and we're a good six feet EASY."
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #88
I like "reverendflash" comments about updating the controversial tag-line. Too bad that it's often psycho-killers and unforgiving Christians who get offended by John's misunderstood words (which have been (mis)quoted for years now out-of-context). Do your research folks; then grow up and move on.

God is not angry at John for those words. He's upset with the killer who took John's life for saying what he was free to say in the first place. God gave us free will. So it may be true that "schitzo's" like MDC have conversations with God because they have impulse-control issues to begin with. When intolerant people (including psychos) get mad at someone, they want to kill that person instead of filtering their thoughts out with understanding/compassion and letting go. So sad...
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #127
Hah, it's pretty humorous when people take things way more seriously than they should.

I myself am a Christian, born and raised in the church, and I don't see John's quip about Jesus as any more than light humor at the band's success in relation to the success of religion. If anything, it's the media's explosion around the out-of-context quote which led to the mass Beatle-burnings across the nation.

I don't blame John for having a bit of a laugh, nor do I blame BeatlesRadio for creating a parody of the infamous quote. It's relevant, humorous, and isn't meant to be offensive.

Rock on, BR!
-Power to the People, Right On!-
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #136
Wow.  How tight does one have to be wrapped to be offended by a reference to a comment that was blown out of proportion 45 years ago?   I find the humour in it.  I appreciate it.   And I hope BR isn't swayed by the hyper-sensitive minority.  They just said what they said and it was wrong. Or it was taken wrong. And now it's all this.
Rock on Beatles Radio!