Close

Were the Beatles Good musicians ?

1 2 Next
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #11
Hi ,just another thought ,the Beatles were brilliant song writers ,but were they good musicians ? i know they sure sound good on record ,but were they so hot live, im not so sure they were ,maybe any Beatle fans who play guitar have an opinion , it would be nice to hear what you think ,best wishes Beatle lovers ,scarrabri.
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #12
Does anyone know if there is a recording of the song''Good Golly Miss Molly''with the Beatles?

Thank you for your attention.
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #15
Good Golly Miss Molly (Digital Sheet Music)
Composer: Robert Blackwell, John Marascalco
Performer: The Beatles, Little Richard
Genre: Pop, Rock
Scored For: Piano/Vocal/Chords
Publisher: Control
Pages: 4
Composed: 1957
Product ID: 111147
Transposable: Yes
Midi Playback: Yes
Price: £3.11
First Line: Good golly Miss Molly, yeah you sure like a ball

Hi my dear friend this is all i could find,so i am still not sure if the Beatles ever recorded it ,i think not but perhaps some one else can confirm if they did or did not ,good question my friend,best wishes ,scarrabri
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #18
[quote=JoaoRasch]Does anyone know if there is a recording of the song''Good Golly Miss Molly''with the Beatles?

Thank you for your attention.[/quote Yes at the BBC live on the saturday club
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #40
I'm not a musician. But you can ask any famous and non-famous musician, classical or rock and they'll tell you that yes, the Beatles were pretty good musicians, considering they were self-taught (in other words had no formal training) and yet they kept learning ways to improve their techniques. Their producer George Martin introduced them to a lot of musical instruments, styles and sound effects which were very helpful and improved their musicianship. They preferred to play live but with all those screaming fans in '64-'66, they didn't feel anyone could really hear them play, thus they stopped and perfected their techniques live in the studio. Their German fans in Hamburg would tell you that the Beatles were quite good as live performers who jammed while playing long sets during ungodly hours. And with Ringo and Paul still alive amongst us, they continue to be good musicians and sound good considering their age. And John and George certainly were good musicians until their untimely deaths in 1980 and 2001 respectively. There's so much written about this now and is beyond questioning. The only people who would say the Beatles were mediocre are music snobs who don't like the Beatles anyway for whatever reason.
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #70
Are you sure about that?
I woulda said the Get Back sessions, but BBC?

- Flash

COPEEE:
[quote=JoaoRasch]Does anyone know if there is a recording of the song''Good Golly Miss Molly''with the Beatles?

Thank you for your attention.[/quote Yes at the BBC live on the saturday club
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #73
you just don't hear band members talking during a recording anymore...  I love hearing the boys directing each other in the middle of a song.

They're  " Just a band who made it really really big, that's all."
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #74
Yes man, of course they were great musicians, Paul is the best bass player of the world, just listen to "Something" or "Old Brown Shoe", is amazing the way he plays it. Look the Rooftop performance and you realize how good guitar's player John was. About George I woud need a whole day to give examples of his quality as a guitar player. What about Ringo?, just let me remember what Phil Collins said "I challenge any drum player of the world, to perform the drum as the way Ringo did it in "A Day In The Life"

Greetings from Viña del Mar, Chile
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #113
scarrabri:
Hi ,just another thought ,the Beatles were brilliant song writers ,but were they good musicians ? i know they sure sound good on record ,but were they so hot live, im not so sure they were ,maybe any Beatle fans who play guitar have an opinion , it would be nice to hear what you think ,best wishes Beatle lovers ,scarrabri.

I course they were GOOD MUSICIANS!!!! There the best <3
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #120
Surely - yes. If not talking about super-speed drum- or guitar techniques. AND brilliant sound producing on top of that. Here we are. :)
1 2 Next