Search
Filters
Close

Previously unheard John Lennon and Yoko Ono interviews to go under the hammer

Thursday, September 09, 2021

A series of previously unheard interviews with John Lennon and Yoko Ono are expected to fetch up to £30,000 when they go under the hammer.

hats with Canadian writer Ken Zeilig from 1969 feature the former Beatle and his wife discussing everything from their love for each other, their Bed-ins for Peace anti-war protests and Lennon’s haircut.

The tapes were discovered by the family of interviewer Zeilig and they will be sold at an Omega Auctions event later this month.

Of their bond, he said: “That’s our only worry in the world, is that we die together. At exactly the same minute, otherwise, even if it’s three minutes later, it’s gonna be hell. I couldn’t bear three minutes of it.”

Lennon, who was still a Beatle at the time of the recording, discussed the band’s future.

They broke up in 1970.

Asked what plans The Beatles had, Lennon said: “They don’t, you know. The Beatles never made plans after they stopped touring.

“Plans were always made for them. And once there was nobody making plans for us, we didn’t want any plans, so we don’t make them.”

Source: Keiran Southern/independent.ie

Read More<<<

Leave your comment
Beatles Radio Listener Poll
What Beatles Era do you like better?