Well, he's got older but he doesn't seem to be losing his hair, and he's well past the age of 64. While Paul McCartney turns 72 on Wednesday, one fan revealed a piece of cake they kept from the musician's 22nd birthday, which he spent in Sydney. Australia recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Beatles' one and only trip Down Under.
The Fab Four stayed for thirteen days spreading mass hysteria across the country, stopping first in Adelaide where more than 300,000 people turned out to greet them. Universal Music Australia have posted a picture on their Facebook page of a piece of cake sitting in some tinfoil alongside some very old looking greaseproof paper sitting in a cake tin. The music label also invited people to share other memoriabilia. "Here's an actual piece of Paul McCartney's 22nd birthday cake, preserved by a fan from his party at The Sheraton, Sydney in 64...can you top this? Share your The Beatles memorabilia with us!" the Facebook post read alongside the photo. The cake should hopefully cheer up Mc details
The Beatles star, who turns 72 today, took a stroll with his wife Nancy through their local area of north London. Wearing matching hoodies, the couple looked perfectly in sync as they strolled along the pavement casually. Paul tried to hide his recognisable face wearing sunglasses and a cap, but Nancy's glamorous style attracted attention.
The 53-year-old socialite wore her hair in blow-dried curls and showed off her slim pins in skin-tight jeans. Meanwhile, Paul went for an all-together more casual style in Adidas jogging bottoms, plain white trainers and a white t-shirt. His long brunette hair peaked out the back of his blue cap as the couple walked along linking arms. But the star hasn't been well - he cancelled a string of gigs in Japan and South Korea last month, and it would seem he's still suffering from a virus, making him unable to perform his up-coming shows. The star has postponed US dates on his world tour as he continues to recuperate from a virus. He told fans he is following doctors' orders to recover fully before he takes to the stage again - much to fans' details
ELO frontman Jeff Lynne is teaming up with the BBC Concert Orchestra to play some of the band's greatest hits at a comeback concert in Hyde Park.
Jeff, who also founded the The Travelling Wilburys with George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and Roy Orbison, is headlining the BBC Radio 2 show in September. He said: "I haven't performed live in quite some time, and I know the fans have asked for it a lot over the years. It's very exciting to come to Hyde Park with Radio 2 and do something this big, and I'm very much looking forward to playing my ELO songs for everyone." DJ Chris Evans announced the news on his breakfast show, saying: " ELO was the first band I ever saw live. Jeff Lynne lit up the eyes of a 14-year-old that have been burning as brightly as the sun ever since. ELO are my generation's Beatles and I cannot believe we've got the main man playing our Festival In A Day - not to mention w details
Hunter Davies, the writer and Beatles biographer, said his wife was far from impressed with the news he is to receive an OBE for services to literature. Mr Davies, who wrote the only authorised biography of the Beatles in 1968, said Margaret Forster, the novelist, had even threatened to divorce him over the issue.
London – As the Meat Free Monday campaign celebrates its fifth year, the campaign, headed by Paul, Mary and Stella McCartney, looks forward to reaching new audiences.
Meat Free Monday has had an incredible response so far. Some of the world’s leading authorities on climate change have endorsed meat reduction as an effective way of fightingglobal warming, including former US Vice President Al Gore, Chair of the IPCC Dr Rajendra Pachauri, Lord Nicholas Stern and former UK Government Chief Scientific Advisor Sir David King. And a host of celebrities and high profile chefs support the campaign, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Leona Lewis, Kevin Spacey, Jamie Olive details
A set of candid photographs featuring George Harrison, John Lennon and Yoko Ono ahead of the Concert for Bangladesh have emerged for sale and are expected to sell for thousands at auction. In the photographs, the former Beatles appear to be on good terms despite the Fab Four splitting up a year before the landmark benefit gig in 1971. Sotheby's are placing the set of photographs, soon to be exhibited in New York, under the hammer at the A Rock N Roll History: From Presley to Punk auction on June 24.
The photographs show Lennon smiling and joking around and Yoko Ono engaged in conversation with a frosty looking Harrison. The late Harrison asked all his former bandmates to perform and it would have been the first time the group would have appeared on stage together in the U.S. since 1966. Drummer Ringo Starr and Lennon agreed but McCartney refused due to a rift over the legal problems the Beatles split had caused. But just days before the Concert details
John Lennon is the latest iconic personality to secure a worldwide licensing, global branding and rightsmanagement agreement with Epic Rights. Yoko Ono has pacted with Epic Rights CEO Dell Furano to develop a worldwide initiative encompassing the career of her late husband.
Epic Rights will develop two new programs for the John Lennon legacy: the John Lennon Classic brand for products featuring the artist's name, likeness and signature; and the Bag One Arts brand based on drawings by John Lennon from rare archival sketches. These drawings encompass the years 1964 through 1980 and celebrate human love and communication, including his iconic and instantly recognizable self-portrait. Epic Rights will introduce the new John Lennon programs to potential licensing partners at the June 2014 Licensing Expo in Las Vegas. As the worldwide merchandise and licensing agent for John Lennon Classic and Ba details
With ‘Mad Men’ set to end its acclaimed run on AMC next year, there will undoubtedly be a void in ’60s-set programming that needs to be filled. Enter NBC, who are reportedly in talks to create a series about the history of the Beatles.
Deadline says that the network is working with Michael Hirst, Ben Silverman and Teri Weinberg, the same production team that created ‘The Tudors,’ which ran on Showtime from 2007-10. Bob Greenblatt, who was President of Entertainment for Showtime during the period that the story of King Henry VIII aired, is currently the chairman of NBC. The series is still in the early stages of development, but it is expected to have an eight-episode run, so the question of how much they’ll be able to tell is up for grabs. Still, the history of the Beatles is an oft-told tale — not least of which by the group itself in their remarkable 1995 ‘Anthology’ documentary — so fictionalizing it can lead to all sorts of questions about accuracy. And then there’s th details
Five years to the day after the release of The Beatles in Mono, a box set of the group's monaurally mixed catalog through 1968, the band is issuing a vinyl version of the box set. Although the quartet put out stereo versions of their albums concurrent with the mono ones throughout most of their career, the Beatles considered the mono versions as definitive.
The limited-edition 14-LP Beatles in Mono vinyl box set includes the group's first nine U.K. albums – from Please Please Me to The Beatles – the American-compiled Magical Mystery Tour and a collection of Mono Masters, which consist of non-album singles and tracks, all on 180-gram vinyl with artwork matching the original releases and a 108-page hardbound book. Each mono LP will also be available to purchase individually, outside of the box set. Grammy-winning engineer Sean Magee and Grammy-winning mastering supervisor Steve Berkowitz details
Ringo Starr, who is currently on tour with his All Starr Band, is also bringing his artwork to New York City. What started merely as a diversion to pass the time, has since developed into an iconic collection of artwork. This year Ringo has created a unique set of 'self portraits' that truly showcases his evolution as a visual artist.
On June 19th, a collection of Starr's self-portraits will be unveiled at a VIP opening reception and exhibition at the Soho Contemporary Art Gallery, 259 Bowery, New York, NY 10002(www.sohocontemporaryart.com) To attend this VIP opening reception you must be one of the first 50 to purchase a signed piece by Ringo Starr. Artwork is on sale now. You will have the opportunity to meet him on June 19 at a private reception and have a photograph taken with him. Very limited space. Please call or email Soho Contemporary Art gallery for a pdf of the exhibition catalogue. Phone: (646) 719 1316 Email: email@example.com. "Soho Contemporary Ar details