The Beatles - Last Day in Greece
1. Light My Fire - The Doors
2. Windy - The Association
3. A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum
4. I Was Made To Love Her - Stevie Wonder
5. Soul Finger - The Bar-Kays
6. For Your Love - Peaches & Herb
7. White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
8. Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Frankie Valli
9. Mercy, Mercy, Mercy - The Buckinghams
10. Don't Let The Rain Fall Down On Me - The Critters
11. Jackson - Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood
12. Pleasant Valley Sunday - The Monkees
13. A Girl Like You - The Rascals
14. All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
15. Silence Is Golden - The Tremeloes
16. My Mammy - The Happenings
17. San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair) - Scott McKenzie
18. Hypnotized - Linda Jones
19. Make Me Yours - Bettye Swann
20. (I Wanna)Testify - The Parliaments
Paul McCartney and Julian Lennon, Greece, July 1967.
The Beatles had arrived in Athens, Greece, some days earlier with a view to buying a set of Greek islands.
The yacht finally arrived in Athens on this day. The MV Arvi had 24 berths and a crew of eight, including the captain, a chef and two stewards. The party set sail the following day to look at suitable islands.
While they were waiting, Paul McCartney and George Harrison chose to stay at the Athens family home of their Greek host Alexis "Magic Alex" Mardas, while John Lennon and Ringo Starr went shopping for musical instruments.
The Beatles' second day of sightseeing in Greece. Their yacht was held up by a storm off Crete until 25 July 1967, leaving them stuck in Athens for a few days.
According to NEMS employee Peter Brown, their host, Alexis "Magic" Mardas, had struck a deal with the Greek authorities. If The Beatles were given diplomatic immunity - allowing them to carry bags containing drugs into the country - then they would pose for press photographs for the Ministry of Tourism. This was agreed to without the group's knowledge.
The Beatles had hired a luxury yacht, the MV Arvi, to take them to look at the islands, but it was delayed due to a storm off Crete until 25 July 1967. The group remained in Athens until its arrival, staying at the family home of Alexis "Magic Alex" Mardas.